31 Chronic Illness Quotes To Keep Up The Spirits High
Life is like a joyride. It has a lot of ups and downs. There will be moments when you will feel on top of the world. And there will be moments when you will be questioning your very existence. The only wise thing to do is, find the silver linings and look out for the tiny moments of happiness.
Talking about all the downfalls that life offers, dealing with chronic illness certainly takes the cake away. Chronic illness is more common than you may realize. Many famous personalities are known to have chronic illnesses. If not famous, you and I may have encountered people personally battling some chronic disease.
Have you been diagnosed with a chronic illness and are looking for silver linings? If so, then you have arrived at the right destination. I have compiled some of the most powerful chronic illness quotes that will surely find immense strength to fight your demons.
About Chronic Illness
For those wondering what exactly a chronic illness is, it is any health condition that requires prolonged medical treatment, minimizes one or physical activity, and lasts more than 12 months.
The fact is 6 out of 10 people in the United States suffer from a chronic disorder. And every year, chronic illness costs American employers millions of dollars.
Common chronic illnesses that affect working individuals are:
Suggested reading: 4 Types Of Heart Healthy Exercise That Busy Workers Should Practice!
To live with chronic illness requires immense mental strength and willpower to keep everything aside and lead a happy life. There are some people that I’ve met in real life who have been fighting the same demons (chronic health issues) for years. And seeing their resilience to create strength and happiness amidst the odds is inspiring.
So, if you are suffering from chronic conditions or have someone suffering and looking for some positivity, below are some of the best chronic illness quotes worth reading.
Inspiring Chronic Illness quotes
- "Be strong now because things will get better. It might be stormy now, but it won’t rain forever.” - Unknown.
- “What does not kill me, makes me stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche.
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford.
- “Your path is more difficult because your calling is higher” - Unknown.
- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.
Suggested reading: 70 Relaxation Quotes To Help You Destress
- “We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that death will tremble to take us.” - Charles Bukowski.
- “When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure.” - Peter Marshall.
- “A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” - Christopher Reeve.
- “Don’t be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson.
- “The strongest people I’ve met have not been given an easier life. They’ve learned to create strength and happiness from dark places.” - Kristen Butler.
- “There should be no boundaries to human endeavor. We are all different. However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there’s life, there is hope.” - Stephen Hawking.
- “When you get to the end of the rope, tie a knot and hang on.” - Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- “Maybe life isn’t about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it’s about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it.” - Unknown.
Suggested reading: 60 Health Is Wealth Quotes To Motivate You To Live A Healthier Life
- “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” - Dale Carnegie.
- “Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow.” - Mary Anne Radmacher.
- “Finally, finally, this is what bravery looks like. This is what courage looks like. It has nothing to do with dominating the day, every single day. It has to do with showing up and speaking truth. One true sentence after one true sentence.” - Hannah Brencher.
- “I believe in the invisible. I do not believe in the definitive reality of things around us. For me, reality is the intuition and the imagination and the quiet voice inside my head that says: isn't that extraordinary? The things in our lives are the shadows of reality, just as we ourselves are shadows.” - Duane Michals.
Suggested reading: Healing Quotes: Discover the Power of Words to Inspire and Uplift
Powerful Movie Quotes For Those Who Live With Chronic Illness
- "Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain’t how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. It’s how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.” - Rocky Balboa, Rocky Balboa.
- “Just because someone stumbles and loses their path, doesn’t mean they’re lost forever.” - Professor X, X-Men.
- “It’s what you do right now that makes a difference.”- Struecker, Black Hawk Down.
- “The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming.” - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight.
- “Our survival instinct is our greatest source of inspiration.” - Dr. Mann, Interstellar.
- “I know what I have to do. I have to keep breathing. And tomorrow the sun will rise, and who knows what the tide will bring in.” - Chuck Noland, Cast Away.
- “The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.” - Fa Zhou, Mulan.
- “It’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.” - Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.
- “Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.” - President Snow, The Hunger Games.
- “Don’t ever let somebody tell you you can’t do something, not even me. Alright? You dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.” - Chris Gardner, The Pursuit of Happyness.
Suggested reading: 32 Women's Health Quotes to inspire Women to lead Healthy Lives
A Word From Us
Chronic illness has been a global epidemic forever. It is, infact, affecting many lives due to unhealthy lifestyle choices.
And getting diagnosed and living with chronic illness brings in a whole lot of negative feelings. It is natural if you feel low from time to time. But, the thing is, you should never let the negativity sink in deep.
I hope these chronic illness quotes help you see the silver linings in life. Also, at times like this, I suggest you apply the “Law of Attraction” concept.
Think of positive scenarios or the above chronic illness quotes as much as possible. This may sound silly initially, but it will trick your mind and body into absorbing positivity around you.
You are stronger than you realize! Life is a battle; fight it like the warrior you are meant to be!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do chronic illnesses impact daily life?
Chronic illnesses can disrupt one’s day-to-day life. It can even affect one’s work performance. But, with the right treatment and lifestyle changes, one can turn things around to be positive.
2. What are some common examples of chronic illnesses?
Some commonly seen chronic illnesses are cancer, diabetes, depression, and IBS.
3. What are some common challenges faced by people with chronic illnesses?
Chronic illness is something that requires medical attention for a long duration. Chronic illness affects the physical body negatively. And in the long run, it affects the emotional and mental well-being of the patient and close ones. Other than this, people with chronic illnesses are seen to deal with financial stress.
4. Is there a cure for chronic illnesses?
Unfortunately, most chronic illnesses do not get cured entirely. However, their side effects and risk factors can be controlled.
Vantage Fit - A complete AI-Powered Solution for seamless implementation of your Corporate Wellness Program to nurture a healthy and engaged workforce