11 Surefire Tips To Rejoice National Healthy Skin Month 2022
November is dedicated to National Healthy Skin Month by the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD). The motive behind celebrating National Healthy Skin Month is for people to invest 30 days of active skincare routine into their lifestyle. And to encourage people to learn more about their skin and its functions.
People say it reflects on your face whether you are happy and healthy. We, humans, consider the face to be the epitome of beauty. And beauty is enhanced only with healthy and glowing skin.
If your skin is dazzling, you are in good health. Dr. Howard Murad says healthy skin is a reflection of overall wellness.
Due to increasing pollution, UV rays, and whatnot, a proper skincare routine is becoming a must today. And, this can be done when you bring a change to your food habits and lifestyle. Thus, National Healthy Skin Month aims to remind and assist you in reliving your beautiful skin and taking care of it.
National Healthy Skin Month Celebration
Winter is approaching. But dry skin cannot be an option for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New year celebrations. Well, a whole hectic holiday season is on the way. So, if you haven't taken care of your skin lately, it's time to consider and see if you are glowing yet!
National Healthy Skin Month, aims to raise awareness of the importance of keeping your skin glowing and nourished all year round.
Dermatologist Christian Millett says, "Educating yourself about the skin is important for several reasons. Changes in the skin may be a sign that there is a problem with your overall health. An itching or a rash could indicate some conditions, such as an allergic reaction, an infection, or an autoimmune disease. A new growth or changing mole could be a type of skin cancer. Paying careful attention to your skin can provide important clues to the health and wellness of your body as a whole."
November is the perfect time to nourish your skin's underlying health issues and outward appearance. With the coming of the delightful season, uplift your moods, rejoice, spread love, care, and eat. In short, celebrate life and also your skin!
Read: 50 Calming Quotes For Stress - How To Cope With It At Work
Facts You Need To Know
"Human skin acts as a barrier to protect the body from invasion by bacteria and other possible environmental hazards that can be dangerous for human health," says NIH dermatologist Dr. Heidi Kong.
A person's outside is the mirror of their inside, and taking good care of both is crucial. What you eat to how physically active you are, are all determining factors contributing to good skin.
Skin significantly alerts you to a health crisis. A red, itchy rash might signal allergies or infections, and a red "butterfly" rash on your face can signify lupus. A yellow tint might denote liver disease. And dark or distinctive moles might be a sign of skin cancer.
A staggering statistics report by the American Academy of Dermatology Association suggests,
- Acne is a perpetual skin condition in the United States, affecting up to 50 million Americans.
- One in 10 people will conceive atopic dermatitis during their lifespan.
- More than 1 million Americans live with melanoma.
- Rosacea is a common skin condition that affects 16 million Americans.
- 25-30 percent of people with psoriasis experience joint inflammation that produces symptoms of arthritis. This condition is called psoriatic arthritis.
- It is calculated that more than 9,500 people in the U.S. are diagnosed with skin cancer daily.
Read: 35 Amazing Spiritual Wellness Activities To Elevate Employees' Wellness
Encouraging Office Employees For National Healthy Skin Month
Skincare is healthcare. Healthy skin is always in. Healthy skin is not an overnight process.
– Kelsea Ballerini
Celebrating wellness months at work can be fun and encouraging if you are already a fitness freak, health-conscious, and mindful individual. And if not, start today.
Knowing that problems like chronic stress, anxiety, and depression can hit you anytime. And that it might further lead to unproductivity, absenteeism, and other health issues that never fail to frail your skin. It's time you know how to beat it.
Do not let anything come between your health, well-being, and glow. Make a healthy routine, including physical activities, a balanced diet, adequate water intake, etc. And, see the difference! Be it in your personal or professional life.
11 Tips for Healthy And Glowing Skin
Nature gives you the face you have at twenty; it is up to you to merit the face you have at fifty.
– Coco Chanel
1.Gentle wash- Bathe in warm water; use skincare products that best suit your skin.
2. Speak up- Consult a doctor if you notice any odd changes to your skin, like a rash or mole that changes size or color.
3. Stay hydrated- Drink more fluids like natural juices and detox water to keep your skin glowing all day long.
4. Sun protection- Wear sunscreen to block sun damage. Avoid sun exposure, wear sunscreen, and wear sunglasses and protective clothing.
5. Diet- Food plays an important role in maintaining a sound body and mind. Say no to junk food and, yes to healthy meals more often.
6. Exercise- Exercising regulates your blood flow and removes toxins from the body to keep you glowing.
7. Mindfulness exercises- Meditation, sound healing, etc., help you stay relaxed and rejuvenated throughout the day.
8. Avoid dry skin- Keep gentle face wipes, moisturizers, lotions, or creams.
9. De-stress- Stress can be harmful to your mind, body, and skin. So try stress-reduction techniques every day to stay stress-free.
10. Get enough sleep- Experts recommend 7-8 hours of sleep for adults. A good sleep is important for a productive day at work.
11. Relax- Take out time to rest and relax at work. Go on holidays, relax and stop stress breaking out your skin.
A person's skin may vary. So, ensure you look after your skin and take care of it accordingly.
According to Anjan Goswami (lifestyle and wellness coach),
The largest organ of the body needs good care. It’s the visible part of you after all. What you eat can significantly affect your skin health. Select foods rich with Vitamins A, C, D, E, and Zinc. Make sure you’re getting enough essential nutrients to protect your skin.
National Healthy Skin Month is a reminder to rehearse healthy skin habits by the year's end. But why make November the only month of good skin care when glowing skin is attainable all year round?
With good skin, you will feel more confident. So, why not your skin if you can invest in your clothes and food? Well, it's time you take a step this November on the occasion of National Healthy Skin Month.
Vantage Fit - A complete AI-Powered Solution for seamless implementation of your Corporate Wellness Program to nurture a healthy and engaged workforce