Celebration Of Life Day For Greater Workplace Wellness
Celebration of Life Day falls on January 22 in honor of the child in our lives. This day has significantly evolved over the years to remind us of everything beautiful about living. It is essential to appreciate our state of being, filled with moments worth celebrating. Life offers many wonders, and we need to value them every time.
Thus, the Celebration of Life Day is associated with spending quality time with nieces, nephews, children, grandchildren, or even kids we babysit. And to cherish life by making them feel special about their presence in our lives.
A Brief History
That history of celebrating this goes back to when Ronald Regan, the former US President, introduced an anti-abortion message to society. According to law-enforcement officials and family planning experts in 1983, violence against abortion clinics and centers that provide information on birth control appears to be increasing. The family atmosphere of intimidation was rising. Also, women's anxiety was growing at a time when they were in a life crisis. Later, signed in January 1984, this day was named National Sanctity of Human Life Day.
Understanding The Significance Of Celebration Of Life Day
Celebrations are vital; they play an important role in uniting human bonds. It helps reassure one's feelings and bestows a sense of belonging, something crucial to human fulfillment.
But, sometimes, we fail to appreciate the presence of the people around us. Finding the perfect balance between work and home life becomes difficult. It might be because of our busy work schedules and inability to maintain an inclusive lifestyle choices. Often by the end of the day; we become so tired even to take out time for our loved ones. Especially considering our children, who genuinely expect our attention, love, and care once we return home.
"Happiness is a central topic of positive psychology (Seligman, 2003; Seligman and Csikszentmihalyi, 2000). Research says that happy people have better relationships and a more pleasant life than those less happy."
Encouraging people to celebrate life day implies motivating everyone to live a happy and healthy life. So that one becomes more mentally and spiritually capable of overcoming challenges and resilient to bigger obstacles. Besides, it also reduces mental stress, contributing to productivity loss and physical fatigue, helping one achieve professional triumph and lead an overall well-balanced life.
Therefore, the celebration of life day aims to bring a more positive attitude towards life. Allowing one to think about all the important things and people you're grateful for in life. Transforming our outlook and enhancing our ability to enjoy what we already have deeply, seems like a magic step.
Related: Holistic Wellness - The Elixir to Good Health And 10 Ways To Attain It
Health and Wellbeing Facts About Celebration Of Life Day
As we know, this day is dedicated to cherishing the existence of life, especially children and grandchildren, who hold a lot of significance in our lives. Children are the light that makes us feel the heat and waves of nostalgia of the days left far behind.
Remind yourself how fortunate we are to have them in life and our responsibilities to provide them with a good life. On this special day to memorialize, spare a day from work to spend it with them. It also affects our health and well-being; mental, behavioral, spiritual, physical, and intellectual wellness.
Related: 81 Self-Motivation Quotes To Balance A Perfect Professional And Personal Life
Health and Well-being Benefits Of Celebration Of Life Day
Celebrating life every day is crucial to reinstate your energy and time. However, you can also become more productive and remain healthy if you learn the art of cherishing life.
Here are a few more benefits that you need to know.
- Makes you feel more empathetic and grateful towards life and other things around you
- Helps you to develop positive emotion by enhancing positive thinking
- Lowers your stress, anxiety and depression
Increases ypur happiness which lowers your risk for cardiovascular disease, lowers your blood pressure level, enables better sleep, improves diet, and etc
- Enhances your self-esteem and fill life with compassion and kindness
Start a #celebrationoflife day hashtag movement on this date, encouraging people at work to upload a picture of their children. Sharing euphoria down the memory lane.
Related: 81 Positive Quotes To Improve Your Day At Work
31 Quotes And Messages For Celebration Of Life Day
1. Life is about what happens to you and how you react to it. Attitude can be the difference between an ordeal and an adventure.
2. By the end of the day with the family we know that our grandmother, the lovely lady, had definitely enjoyed her stories.
3. Let’s be brave, kind, and loving for all those who have given you life. Celebrating life.
4. Today is the celebration of life day. We are not perfect human beings, but it is necessary to be in our best to celebrate life.
5. Everything is within you and it is up to you to respond to life as you can.
6 Happiness starts with the family. Let’s celebrate the day with family and appreciate our children and grandchildren who are two eyes to the world.
7. Change the way you look at things, the things will change automatically.
8. When you can’t control life happenings, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to life.
9. Live your life at its best. Break the limits and outgrow yourself.
10. Decide the change you want to make and make a difference in your life.
11. Stop focusing on material things but focus on heavenly things.
12. Taking a step back and truly appreciate our wonderful children and grandchildren for what they are!
13. Give some extra appreciation to the joy and happiness your grandchildren bring for you. Today is Celebration Of Life Day.
14. Be grateful for someone who gave you the reason to celebrate your life.
15. Our children and grandchildren are also human beings and have their own perspective of life. Be positive on this day of celebration of life day.
16. Parents won’t be around forever. Visit them and make them happy.
17. Life is not just to live but to celebrate. International celebration of life day.
18. It is not the length of life we should count but the depth.
19. Make a room for yourself today because it is the celebration of life day!
20. Reflect on your children’s choices whether good or bad, remember those are their choices. Love them all!
21. We miss our past days and weep, but we promise to make you all so proud!
22. You will be more disappointed by not what you made but by others do to you.
23. Today is a Celebration of Life Day, a day to honor the gift of my children and grandchildren.
24. Life is beautiful, take some time to revitalize yourself and experience life to the fullest. Today is Celebration of Life Day.
25. There is no other better feeling like giving life to another human being.
26. Think about what it is that makes your children and grandchildren truly special and celebrate your life.
27. Take time to appreciate your loved ones and the people you care about.
28. Ask someone if they are going through a hard time to talk to you or someone they trust. Life is too precious and it gets better by time.
29. Your life is a lesson to others. Make sure you inspire yourself to do good.
30. If you don’t have children, celebrate this day with your nieces/nephews and your inner child.
31. It is important to learn who we become for waiting for someone to love us. Instead, love someone today.
Read: 10 Positive Phrases To Uplift Employees Self-Esteem At Work
Over the years, we have constantly been running around for success and fulfilling aspirations, hoping that we will finally feel good and celebrate life one day. From improving our grades at school to getting a job, I know many of us to miss experiencing the true essence of living.
Likewise, those precious childhood days are never going to come back. But, we can always savor those moments for and with our children.
By celebrating life day, try finding the true source of contentment. So, make it special for those who deserve your full attention. Please read to them, take them out or play with them; make out a day worth remembering.
Vantage Fit - A complete AI-Powered Solution for seamless implementation of your Corporate Wellness Program to nurture a healthy and engaged workforce