Heart Rate Monitor: Positives, Mechanism, Healthy Exercises
At present, heart-related diseases are some of the pressing issues for employee health. An inactive lifestyle coupled with workplace stress is a triggering element for heart diseases to attack your workers. Owing to this situation, conditions like cardiac arrest are common at the office.
In times like this, employers must pay close attention to the heart health of workers. To do so, wellness activities like yoga in the workplace, meditation, office exercises are necessary. In this regard, heart rate monitors are of great help as well.
A heart rate monitor keeps a tab on an individual's heart rate, thereby helping one be more cautious. In the process, it also promotes a wellness culture by putting more emphasis on employee health. Therefore, you must use this tool to the maximum.
To make an even more compelling case, here are a few of the positives of using a heart rate monitor.
Positives Of Using A Heart Rate Monitors
- It proves as a tool for constant observation, which helps monitor your heart health at all times. This will keep you updated on your daily health of the heart.
- A heart rate monitor also helps in exercising well. When you exercise hard, your heart rate increases, which is not good. In this scenario, using a heart rate monitor will show you the intervals wherein your heart rate gets high. In times like this, you should take a pause.
- One of the objectives of doing any exercise is that it must be effective. The workout must pump your heart, but not to a vast extent. Working out with a heart rate monitor helps you manage this aspect. You can pick up the pace when the heart rate is low and slow down when it is high.
- The heart rate monitor also comes with loads of features. Here, you can also save the heart rate data and monitor your progress day by day. It will help workers become health-conscious with a more practical approach.
- All in all, the heart rate monitor is the mirror to your heart health that helps you understand how to manage it well through helpful heart rate readings.
These were some of the positives of using a heart rate monitor.
Mechanism of Heart Rate Monitor- How Do They Work
The older heart rate monitors worked by combining two devices; one to be strapped around the chest and the other on the wrist. These work like a transmitter and receiver. Here, as the strap around the chest detects a heartbeat, the information is sent to the receiver placed on the wrist. As the receiver gets the information from the chest strap, it can translate the data as a heart rate monitor.
This system translated to more recent gadgets like the smartwatch/sports watch and fitness apps in smartphones. In heart rate monitoring watches, use of optics is utilized to calculate the heart rate. These watches use optics by shining a light from an LED through the blood vessels. It analyzes how the light scatters off blood vessels and derive the data thereof.
The mobile devices use accelerometers, gyroscopes, and GPS to detect the speed. Here, a culmination of these helps the mobile applications calculate heart rate.
These are how some heart rate monitors work. Now that we have covered its mechanism and positives let's understand how you can maintain your heart rate.
One of the easiest ways to maintain the heart rate is through exercises. As we specialize in corporate wellness programs, let's talk about a few of the office exercises that can help you with your employee's heart health.
5 Heart Health Exercises For The Office
Walking is one of the most healthy heart exercises for employees to do around the office. You can make a walking track around the office premises to let your workers burn calories through walking. Here, walking fast increases the heart rate, which proves to be a great heart exercise.
Workers can have a quick walk during their lunch break, meetings, or walk during their brain breaks, etc. It will enhance your worker's fitness levels thereby aiding in an active lifestyle.
Yoga in the workplace is also an excellent heart exercise. Certain office yoga poses can help with your heart. A few of these yoga poses are sukhasana, tadasana, uttanasana, adho mukha svanasana or downward dog, etc. Here a few breathing exercises can help with your workforce's heart upkeep as well.
Working amidst workplace stress can release many stress hormones that can increase the heart rate significantly. Here, specific office meditating techniques helps calm down this effect that calms down the heart rate, which is no good news at a high level.
Therefore, office meditation is also a perfect wellness activity against lousy heart health.
4. Weight Training
Working with weights is not only a great workout to build muscles but also a healthy heart. Regularly lifting weights lowers the risk of heart attack and strokes to a vast extent. As such, teaching a few weight training exercises for your workers can be a great idea. They can do these exercises at the break time to burn calories and stay healthy.
For such an arrangement, you will need dumbells and adequate weight training equipment inside the office premises.
5. Office Gym Workout
One of the best ways to ensure a workforce with a healthy heart is by promoting an active lifestyle. Here, having an office gym is one of the most effective ways of doing so in the workplace. An office gym is sure to excite a workforce, which translates into a fitter lifestyle.
All this means having an excited workforce eager to workout and be at their best. Here, a few of the office gym workout exercises that will help with heart maintenance are various cardio exercises, treadmill, etc.
These were a few of the exercises that will help your workers get healthier heart. In this case, having a heart rate monitor is also very beneficial. Here, we can help you a bit further through our corporate wellness app.
Vantage Fit- An Employee Wellness and Corporate Wellness Platform
Our employee wellness app, Vantage Fit- An Employee Wellness & Corporate Wellness Platform, is also equipped with a heart rate monitor. You can now access your heart rate from anywhere with the help of our app. Along with this, we also have a calorie tracker, step tracker, mood meters, gamification, rewards, activity trackers, and much more.
You can learn more about Vantage Fit through our thorough demo. Schedule your slot today!
Now, let's wrap this up by looking at the reasonable heart rate for different age groups.
Suitable Heart Rate For Different Age Group
- For people in their 20s, 100-170 beats per minute 200 beats per minute
- For people in their 30s, 95-162 beats per minute 190 beats per minute
- For people in their mid-30s, 93-157 beats per minute 185 beats per minute
- For people in their 40s, 90-153 beats per minute 180 beats per minute
- For people in their mid-40s, 88-149 beats per minute 175 beats per minute
- For people in their 50s, 85-145 beats per minute 170 beats per minute
- For people in their mid-50s, 83-140 beats per minute 165 beats per minute
- For people in their 60s, 80-136 beats per minute 160 beats per minute
- For people in their mid-60s, 78-132 beats per minute 155 beats per minute
- For people in their 70s, 75-128 beats per minute 150 beats per minute
Having a healthy heart is imperative for everyone. In this scenario, you must play a vital role as an employer towards your workers' wellbeing. To get along with this, a heart rate monitor would help a ton in maintaining your worker's heart health.
Vantage Fit - A complete AI-Powered Solution for seamless implementation of your Corporate Wellness Program to nurture a healthy and engaged workforce